Wednesday, February 21, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 7: THIS IS T'CHALLA!

Welcome back to The 300, a recurring feature that chronicles my attempt to see 300 movies in theaters in 2018. I’ll be watching new releases, classics, and hidden gems as a way to explore the wide world of cinema in all of its forms.

As always, there are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I've seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

While I’ve already spent a lot of time at Metrograph, I wound up at BAM Rose Cinemas a bunch in the last week. In the lead up to Black Panther, they had a great film series on black action heroes and black superheroes, and a new series going on right now celebrating the work of Oscilloscope Laboratories. As the year goes on, expect to see BAM show up a bunch more on these features.

And again, I’m staying away from the Alamo Drafthouse given their history of sexual assault and harassment issues. The local franchise owners are probably good people, but I won’t be back until Tim and Karrie League step down.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 7: THIS IS T'CHALLA! screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-300-week-7-this-is-t-challa--490791.phtml