Tuesday, February 6, 2018

News:: I hope the digital card game industry as a whole moves more toward the LCG model

I've been playing a lot of the Lord of the Rings LCG (Living Card Game). In the past two months I went from not even being aware that it exists, to creating my own decks in my spare time, to having a dedicated group to play with. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've ever experienced, tabletop or otherwise.

The reason it appeals to me so much (outside of the co-op angle) is the LCG aspect. Although it's been used many times over in other mediums, Fantasy Flight Games is utilizing this system to peddle cards in fixed sets. There's no booster packs, blind box randomization, or single-hunting on eBay, you know what you're getting in every box.

Fantasy Flight is keen to bring that same concept over to the digital edition that's set to arrive on Steam this year, and I hope every other studio follows suit.

I hope the digital card game industry as a whole moves more toward the LCG model screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/i-hope-the-digital-card-game-industry-as-a-whole-moves-more-toward-the-lcg-model-482095.phtml