Friday, February 2, 2018

News:: Destructoid Draws: Our favorite indie games!

I love indie games. I played from time to time back when Flash game sites were still hip, but two games that really got me into them were Tower of Heaven and Cave Story. Yes, I like platformers, why do you ask?

As game budgets balloon to reach higher graphical fidelity and larger game worlds, and after a year with a lot of big games I loved, my mind keeps going back to indies. Their riskier approach to gameplay and storytelling, their charming rough edges, their quirky soundtracks. I thought it would be interesting to ask the community about its favorite indie games for this special edition of Destructoid Draws.

The concept is the same as always, a month was given to the community to send me drawings related to the prompt alongside with a short explanation of their choice. Without further ado, let's check out these tributes to smaller games with big hearts.

Destructoid Draws: Our favorite indie games! screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-draws-our-favorite-indie-games--485933.phtml