Friday, December 22, 2017

News:: On February 3, I will have high-speed internet (but only according to the FCC)

My living situation right now fucking sucks and it’s all my fault. When I moved back to the Bay Area, I had a few choices on where I could live. One of those choices was a guy who worked for AT&T, and his house was absolutely decked out with the top of the line everything. Great internet, great cable package, every console, home security, the works. But the parking there wasn’t great and I didn’t want to share one bathroom with two other people so I didn’t move there.

Instead, I ended up near where I went to high school, renting a room from a guy I would come to find out is very odd. I should have done my research, I should have asked some questions, because it didn’t occur to me until after I moved in that I would be living in a house without the internet. Guy doesn’t even own a computer, something I can barely comprehend being possible in 2017.

I still live there, and for the last 11 months, I’ve been without access to wired, in-home high-speed internet. Or low-speed internet. Or dial-up. I’ve even offered to pay for it through Comcast, but as I said above he is odd. Because it’s expensive to move -- especially where I live -- I’ve been stuck in the house technology forgot.

On February 3, I will have high-speed internet (but only according to the FCC) screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2piZrYe