Thursday, November 23, 2017

News:: Overstuffed: Addicted to game sales

[Let he who doesn't have a massive, irritating fucking backlog cast the first stone! Let jaygerbomb regale you with a tale on this Thanksgiving Day of how a simple act of buying games on clearance led him to a lifelong struggle of resisting sweet gaming deals. Lord knows I'd be attending these group meetings, as well. This is a wonderful entry for our Bloggers Wanted series, where this month we're discussing gaming in all its excesses and merciless murders of brevity. Write a cool blog like this one, and you could see your work on Destructoid's front page! - Wes]

When I was a kid, my parents didn’t buy me a lot of video games. Sure, I remember getting a few for Christmas, birthdays and special occasions, but for the most part if I wanted a new NES game, I was buying it with my own money. I’d save my allowance, mow neighbors’ lawns, and shovel their driveways in order to save up enough to make my next acquisition. I managed to get a collection of nearly 100 NES games at one point, and most of them I bought on my own.

Overstuffed: Addicted to game sales screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2A2kzGk