Monday, October 2, 2017

News:: So, is Cuphead tough enough for ya?

Last week was very stressful for me. I had 48-ish hours to play and review Cuphead. Tight deadlines suck, but they extra super duper suck when a game is difficult. Just throwing enough hours at most triple-A titles will usually get you through them; stuff like Cuphead requires that you put in the time in hopes that you'll eventually be skilled enough to get through it. There's a big difference between the two.

Over the weekend, I talked to a lot of people about Cuphead. How far they've gotten, what bosses gave them trouble, what strategies they had worked out, and what secrets they uncovered. The best games are the ones that make us want to talk to each other about our shared experiences.

Like, I had a lot of new Cupheaders tell me about the trouble the flower's giving them. I used to hate that fucking flower! Not anymore though! Now that flower's about as much trouble as a real-life flower (excluding any flowers that are deadly or poisonous, or flour for someone with Celiac's).

So, is Cuphead tough enough for ya? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2xOC614