Tuesday, October 24, 2017

News:: Schooled: Learning English with Silent Hill

[How many of us are willing to go out of our way to learn a new language just to enjoy our favorite hobby? For many outside of primarily English-speaking countries, it can be less of an option and more of a necessity if you want to enjoy the fruits of things originating in or translated to English. Rad Party God tells his tale of how video games - especially Silent Hill - helped him to learn a new language, a skill he employs daily right here on Dtoid! This is part of last month's Bloggers Wanted prompt, but also serves the double purpose of having a spooky theme, so enjoy it in the final days leading up to Halloween! - Wes]

By now, my nationality is no secret to most of the regulars here on Dtoid; heck, it's in the first paragraph of my bio within my profile. Suffice to say, English is not my first language. In my almost thirty years of my life, I've never left my country even once and yet, here I am, communicating with you fine folks and shitposting sharing my thoughts and opinions with quite a diverse range of English-speaking people.

Schooled: Learning English with Silent Hill screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2h5XKqj