Tuesday, October 10, 2017

News:: How video games help me learn more about my son with autism

I have two sons that are autistic, ages three and four. One of the hardest things about having kids with autism is not being able to communicate with them properly or know how they’re feeling. It’s one of the most affecting struggles raising an autistic kid brings.

If I’m being completely honest, I often feel envious watching other parents who are able to communicate with their kids that are the same age as my boys. However, my son Gavin found a passion that allows him to express himself in ways I never expected. You might be wondering why video games are such an important part of my relationship with my son. Let me explain.

How video games help me learn more about my son with autism screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2yXFdCX