Friday, October 6, 2017

News:: The creator of Dust: An Elysian Tail is making an MGS1-inspired stealth game

If you close your eyes and imagine what the next game from Dust: An Elysian Tail creator Dean Dodrill might look like, I'm willing to bet that this game, Never Stop Sneakin', isn't at all what you envisioned.

That said, I think this is going to make a certain group of players really happy.

Although this type of game doesn't speak to me as much as something like Dust, which was right in my wheelhouse, I appreciate a studio willing to aim for something so different and unexpected.

"I wanted to create something procedural and infinitely re-playable, and design engaging combat with the simplest controls possible," Dodrill noted on Twitter. "I think I've accomplished these things, and it's been a thrill to create something completely different from Dust:AET."

The premise, tone, and mechanics? Cool. I'm in. But the PS1-era aesthetic? I'll need some warming up.

Never Stop Sneakin' is slated for a holiday 2017 launch on Nintendo Switch.

The creator of Dust: An Elysian Tail is making an MGS1-inspired stealth game screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2fQzqrp