Tuesday, July 11, 2017

News:: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem looks as promising as ever in this latest trailer

I've been on a bit of an ARPG kick recently, thanks to Mr. Llama's speedrun of one of the greatest games of all time, Diablo II. I dove headfirst back into Path of Exile in anticipation of its upcoming patch, and now get to enjoy the newest trailer from the Early Access title Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem.

I've been following (literally, on Steam) the development of the game for a long time now, as the visuals and animations immediately caught my eye. The development team is frequently posting change logs of the various updates, occasionally with GIFs that make me happy I check my Activity Feed on Steam. As of now, the game is only single player, but by the time it leaves Early Access it will have cooperative play. I think that's a make-or-break piece of information for a game like this, so I wanted to stress it.

The trailer does a great job of showing off what is uniquely Wolcen. Customizable characters (not as common in ARPGs), a weird rotating mix-and-match passive tree, customizable skills, and of course the great visual fidelity make it easy to get excited. Judging from what state the Early Access version seems to be in, I would definitely recommend keeping an eye on it for now like I am as the majority of the game still seems to be unavailable. So maybe give it a follow on Steam?

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem looks as promising as ever in this latest trailer screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ugaV0b