Friday, July 7, 2017

News:: Pyre is like a mystical version of NBA Jam and I love it

While I’ve known about Pyre for roughly a year now (having seen it twice at PAX East), I never got the chance to sit down and play the game. Since I’m a fan of Supergiant’s previous works, I just kind of figured it would be the same high-quality adventure-style game we’ve previously gotten from the studio. Transistor played like a more strategy-driven take on Bastion, but it shared a lot of the same gameplay quirks, for instance.

Nothing could have honestly prepared me for Pyre. While it definitely mixes genres to create a unique core, its main gameplay loop is like a mystical, RPG-infused NBA Jam. Yes, its an action game with arcade sports undertones. It is fucking glorious!

Pyre is like a mystical version of NBA Jam and I love it screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tRSu1l