Sunday, July 9, 2017

News:: Pit People has some exceptional multiplayer and a talking cupcake

I’ve been a big fan of The Behemoth ever since I first played Castle Crashers. I was familiar with their Newgrounds content, but never really took the plunge until the genre defining beat-'em-up landed on Xbox Live Arcade in 2008. It was almost revelatory in how good that game was, along with having a plain colorful and hilarious art style. I immediately became a fan and eagerly waited for their next release.

BattleBlock Theater took quite awhile to hit the 360, but I eventually ended up grabbing it and loving that game, as well. The Behemoth has such wild creativity and reckless disregard for established conventions that it seems like everything they craft is gold. Pit People looked to be more of the same, at least from an aesthetic standpoint.

When I gave the game a shot at RTX this weekend (somehow missing it at PAX this past March), I can’t say I walked away from the single-player porting all too excited. The multiplayer, though, is a totally different beast and definitely has the hallmarks of another instant classic.

Pit People has some exceptional multiplayer and a talking cupcake screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2uZ8Wtk