Monday, July 17, 2017

News:: Cop these slick Legend of Zelda propaganda posters

My fellow Hylians, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

I believe, in common with all Hylians, that this nation ought to own and control its own industries. I believe that all things that are jointly needed and used ought to be jointly owned—that industry, the basis of our social life, instead of being the private property of a few and operated for their enrichment, ought to be the common property of all, democratically administered in the interest of all. May we one day be free of tyranny, from without and within, from Ganon's invasions and from divinely ordained monarchy.

The posters above come from LA-based artist Fernando Reza. The Legend of Zelda series of WWII-inspired propaganda posters is a sort of follow up to some very pretty Mario propaganda posters. You can snag the Zelda ones for $40 a pop, or the full set of 17 for a cool $400. 

Bonus: post your favorite WWII propaganda posters in the comments. I'm partial to:

Cop these slick Legend of Zelda propaganda posters screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2uwPDKZ