Sunday, June 4, 2017

News:: What do you want to see revealed at E3?

E3 is quickly creeping up on us. In not too long, the hype train for dozens of games will leave the station on a non-stop trip to Salesville. And while one of the best things about E3 is seeing all the new IPs developers and publishers reveal, I can't help but think about the game's I'd love to see new entries in. There are so many great properties out there that are just ripe for a big return, whether it's because of new hardware like the Nintendo Switch, improved performance like what we expect out of Project Scorpio, or a long-in-the-works VR project that will take a beloved franchise into the next dimension.

I'm excited for what we're going to see and the other writers here at Destructoid are excited as well. So I asked them what games they wanted to see this year. There were several games I considered writing about for this feature. Out of left field, I’d love to see Mega Man Maker be a real thing. More grounded in reality, having Luigi’s Next Mansion or Contra 5 announced at E3 would bring a huge smile to my face as those are two of my favorite franchises.

But when I really sat down and pondered about the industry, its past and the games from yesteryear that have been absent for a while, one repeatedly came to mind as the game to write about, to wish into existence: WarioWare Switch.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this series, of all of Nintendo’s great series, has been on hiatus. I guess Game & Wario could count as an entry but it isn’t nearly as good as its predecessors. My first experience with the series was WarioWare: Smooth Moves for the Wii, a game me and my best friend would spend hours playing. From there I found copies of Touched!, Twisted!, and the original. I also bought D.I.Y. day one but never managed to make anything worthwhile in it.

It's been far too long since Wario ambushed players with his eclectic collection of single-serve microgames. At this point, I’d even take a Rhythm Heaven Megamix type release that brought the best (or all) of the microgames from all the WarioWare games into one package. With the Nintendo Switch, that would absolutely be possible.

What do you want to see revealed at E3? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2qVhqiZ