Wednesday, June 14, 2017

News:: Middle-earth: Shadow of War's open world is a bit middling

One of Monolith's greater ambitions with its Shadow of Mordor sequel is, well, adding more. Upon sitting down with the E3 demo, I was presented with a few options. Either I could try out the expanded Nemesis system we've already previewed before, try out some story missions, or "just run around for a bit," as a Warner Bros. rep put it. Naturally, with a pitch like that, I had to see where Shadow of War would take me if I just killed time in the world.

As I found myself collecting an army of orcs like they were stamps or Pokemon, I felt an ever-encroaching emptiness. While the story mission I tried had a bit more personality, the smaller encounters Shadow of Mordor was famous for seem diminished in a wider world. 

Middle-earth: Shadow of War's open world is a bit middling screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2s11nna