Monday, June 19, 2017

News:: Far Cry 5's story will need to do the heavy lifting

"Have you played Far Cry before?"

That was the first thing a Ubisoft rep asked me behind closed doors as I picked up a controller, selected a gun-fetching dog as my companion, and waited to load into Hope County, Montana.

"Most of them," I said, before attempting to tally them up one by one.

"Wait, actually, what was the last one? Was it Primal? Yeah. I've played them all."

It's easy to forget. From Far Cry 3 on, everything blurs together in my mind. It's really just the individual stories and settings that spark my memories, not the running, gunning, hunting, and outpost clearing that make up so much of our time in these worlds. Far Cry 5 will be the same way for me.

Far Cry 5's story will need to do the heavy lifting screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tmhxGK