Friday, May 19, 2017

News:: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles looks like it's shaping up to be an enjoyably adorable romp

Earlier this week, I got a chance to sit down with two representatives from a local independent games studio by the name of Prideful Sloth to have an opportunity to check out their upcoming open-world adventure game for the PS4 and PC -- Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles -- prior to its mid-July launch.

Having previously covered the game for Destructoid, and after reading Caitlin Cooke's impressions of the game when she tried it at PAX back in March, I had an inkling as to what I should expect when going in, but I still had some reservations. The game itself looked absolutely adorable -- which, alongside its clear Wind Waker and Harvest Moon inspirations is what interested me greatly about it -- but at the same time, I've found myself feeling somewhat ambivalent about open-world gaming after seeing an influx of them in recent years. To put it simply, I wasn't entirely sure how a small studio would be able to handle a task as significant as building a large and engaging playable open-world.

Thankfully, it appears as if my concerns have been allayed.

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles looks like it's shaping up to be an enjoyably adorable romp screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2q1xy2q