Thursday, March 30, 2017

News:: Review: Night in the Woods

I'm not sure how to describe Night in the Woods. Even after playing through the game twice, every attempt at defining it feels wrong. I want to say it's a silly 2D platformer almost as much as I think it's a soulful adventure game. Other times, I'm convinced that I should just declare that it's a slice-of-life game with a supernatural tint -- whatever that means.

But my difficulty summing up Night in the Woods doesn't mean I don't have a lot to say about it. Despite being a relatively short game, it's packed with moments that have rattled around in my head for the last month. What begins as a basic coming-of-age story about a twenty-year-old cat lady (in the anthropomorphic sense, not the depressing neighbor kind), builds and builds into something larger, all while taking place in a single, sleepy little town. Night in the Woods is intimate and charming, whimsical and occasionally heartbreaking. It's also one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time.

Review: Night in the Woods screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2omskOz