Saturday, March 4, 2017

News:: Review in Progress: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

We found out last week that Destructoid would not be receiving a review copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Wii U. We only got the Switch copy Chris Carter reviewed earlier this week. As the person selected to review the Wii U version of this long-awaited game, I have not read his review. Or any review for that matter. I don't even know what it's Metacritic score is. Hell, I haven't seen a trailer for this game in months, catching only a glimpse of it in various commercials I've seen on TV.

I made the decision a while ago to go into Breath of the Wild as blind as possible. It had been promised this game would be significantly different from past entries and progression through it would differ from person to person. So I stayed away from the previews, reviews, and available guides. What did this dedication to naivety get me? In the first 10 hours of the game, it got me lost. Very, very lost.

Review in Progress: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2m9dICX