Thursday, January 26, 2017

News:: Review: The Descendant

[Disclosure: I went to university with The Descendant's lead writer, Giles Armstrong - same film course, same graduating year - though I haven't spoken to him in over a decade. He did not request me to review this game (it was the Swedish developer, Gaming Corps) nor have I reached out to him in any way.]

Sometimes, there are games that just slip under our radar at Destructoid. We get so many requests, through so many channels, that we end up with a virtual slush pile. There have been many times when I have to spring clean and find something that should've caught my eye the first time around.

The Descendant looked to be one of those lost games. What with the final episode getting a release quite recently, I thought it best to play catch up and give the whole season a fair shake, spurred on by my left-field plight and a surprise name not heard in years. But was it really worth dragging out of the slush pile, or better to be left buried instead?

Review: The Descendant screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2k95t9T