Saturday, December 31, 2016

News:: Nick Valdez's personal picks for Game of the Year 2016

I took so many Ls in 2016, folks. I lost a couple of jobs, I moved back in with my parents after living on my own (across the country) for two years, we lost so many icons, and there's a good chance I'll be half of Master Blaster when the world goes to hell. But I also had victories! I got a couple of jobs (including this one!), I made a bunch of friends, and I accomplished something I've wanted to since I was a kid. 

There were lots of good video games released in 2016, but I really only played two of them. I'm still having fun with 2015's releases like Smash Bros., Broforce, and Mortal Kombat X. And at the of the day, I'm not sure any of them will have the same effect on me Pokémon Go did. Sure the game has its problems, and it's a "game" in the loosest sense, but I've basically become a Pokémon Master and my fourth-grade self would be so proud.

Nick Valdez's personal picks for Game of the Year 2016 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2isSBdM