Saturday, December 31, 2016

News:: 2016 recap: The ten most popular posts on Destructoid this year

I've spent four years writing for Destructoid, so you'd think I'd have figured this shit out by now. I haven't. It's in our best interest for every article to do a lot of traffic, but I rarely know when that's going to happen. It's a lot of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

That's why I look forward to this particular post every year. It's a final tally of what stuck. Sure, we know what performed well throughout the year, but this is when we put it in a list, compare raw numbers, and say "Oh yeah, people really like Pokemon."

(I also look forward to this post because it's the only time I make good on my resolution to use more Mean Girls headers.)

So take a gander at what, statistically-speaking, the most people already took ganders at this year. Click on some links if you want. Read that shit. The rich get richer.

Because it seems prudent, we've separated the reviews into a category they can call their own. It's probably for the best. A lot of our reviews do a whole lot of traffic and co-mingling them with everything else would just muck up the joint. And, as a bonus, there's some other stuff we liked (but not all the stuff we liked).

Without further ado, I present to you The Teenage Guide to Popularity:

2016 recap: The ten most popular posts on Destructoid this year screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2iQ0LJG