Thursday, December 15, 2016

News:: If Resident Evil 7 was an action game, Capcom would have had to add 'superheroes fighting in space'

Resident Evil 7 is little more than a month away, and I'm feeling more and more confident that Capcom is bringing a strong return to form. I was impressed back when it was announced at E3, and the interview I had with series producer Masachika Kawata answered some lingering doubts I had.

I had just played the Midnight demo that was released over the weekend prior to the interview. My quick and dirty impressions: VR is in a much better state than it was six months ago, and having a gun and a monster in addition to the mysteries we've been solving since the original demo cements this as a Resident Evil game for me, as opposed to an Outlast clone like so many have suggested. These thoughts fresh in my mind, another journalist and I had some questions about the past and future of Capcom's scary child.

I couldn't resist asking whether Capcom's new approach to marketing (showing very little of the game like I urge horror developers to do here, while simultaneously providing a free demo) was from high up in the company, or was the PR department's idea. 

If Resident Evil 7 was an action game, Capcom would have had to add 'superheroes fighting in space' screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hoX4gB