Thursday, December 8, 2016

News:: Dress up time! Give Aqua cute outfits in Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Sometime I feel stressed with all things I have going on in my life and clearing games from my backlog can occasionally feel like self-imposed work, especially when I don't particularly enjoy a game but am playing it to completion out of obligation to myself. Watching anything Kingdom Hearts related reminds me I'm alive and that games are meant to be fun. This final trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is no different, instantly making me grin from ear to ear.

The trailer shows Aqua taking on various bosses, cutting through dark shrubbery, and most importantly dressing up using various items such as wings, cute cat ears, or Minnie Mouse's polka dot bow. The options listed there in Japanese are head, arms, back, pattern, and color. While Sora, Donald, and Goofy got several world-specific designs and Sora's outfit changed slightly when using drive form in Kingdom Hearts 2, this will be the first time we'll actively be able to customize a characters appearance in the series. Although you won't be able to do much to her base outfit, I am ready to start collecting items. I wonder if they'll expand on this in KHIII. No one's got a problem with me liking to dress up girls in games do they? Good.

Looking at the map while Aqua is grinding and dodging a Darkside's attacks shows a narrow path, suggesting a unique fight where at least part of the battle will occur while skating down at high speed. Inventive boss fights have always been a highlight of the series and it appears that will continue here. 

Dress up time! Give Aqua cute outfits in Kingdom Hearts 2.8 screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2goNGJ8