Monday, December 5, 2016

News:: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy needs some tweaking, but has high-nostalgic potential

I played Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy over the weekend at PSX, but I want to preface the preview with a couple thoughts. First, I remember enjoying the first three games a fair amount, and in my attempts to recollect them, I was unsure of whether they always felt like they were drenched in molasses or my child-skills weren't up to par. Second, after that fun Crash scene in Uncharted 4, I went back and played it for a few minutes to find that I wasn't totally n. sane after all: our humanoid bandicoot friend was never easy to navigate.

While my Crash memories are admittedly murky, the N. Sane Trilogy had a bizarre effect on the nostalgia buried deep within my guts. I started on the original beach level, and after acclimating to how much better Crash himself looked (so dang fuzzy!), I found myself knowing where every single crate, jump, and hazard was. Though Vicarious Visions is in charge of this remake, I was told that the team received the original level geometry from Naughty Dog and built upon it, which feels immediately apparent.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy needs some tweaking, but has high-nostalgic potential screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2g2sGcB