Thursday, December 1, 2016

News:: Capcom Vancouver talks Dead Rising, makes me want to vomit

I'm mad. I'm so peeved reading the interview between Capcom Vancouver and GamesIndustry.biz I don't even know where to begin. How about a series recap? Dead Rising was an amazing Xbox 360 exclusive title that came out of nowhere in late 2006 and became an instant classic.

I remember going over to my friends house before I even had a 360 to not only play it, but get all 1000 Achievement points that weekend. The idea was so simple but so fun. Walk around a mall like Dawn of the Dead and use anything and everything to ward off zombies, including boxer shorts and beam swords you unlock in the fun survivor mode (which I didn't get to keep because my game froze upon letting a zombie kill me after spending 14+ consecutive hours getting the 7 Day Survivor Achievement). The best part is the humor they imbued the game with. When so many games try so hard to be so serious all the time, it was refreshing to have something goofy to just mess around in. The humor wasn't in-your-face and obnoxious, but subtle: mall music, silly costumes that showed in cutscenes, the eating animations, and Frank West's quippy one-liners. 

Capcom Vancouver talks Dead Rising, makes me want to vomit screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2fLa0Om