Tuesday, November 8, 2016

News:: Surprisingly, TrackMania Turbo's VR mode didn't make me feel ill

Ever since Nadeo announced VR support for its twitchy arcade racer TrackMania Turbo, I've been anxious about how that might work and whether I'd be able to handle it without getting nauseous. The game is full of impossibly large jumps, wall drifting, and coaster-like magnetic tracks, after all. That sounds like a recipe for sickness on paper, and in the wrong hands, it certainly would be.

The free virtual reality update is available today on PC (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift) and PS4 (PlayStation VR). I tested out the latter version, and despite the aforementioned craziness inherent to TrackMania's level design, I didn't feel any discomfort. That's a pleasant surprise, to put it mildly.

Surprisingly, TrackMania Turbo's VR mode didn't make me feel ill screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/surprisingly-trackmania-turbo-s-vr-mode-didn-t-make-me-feel-ill-398125.phtml