Thursday, November 10, 2016

News:: The sublime simplicity of Skate 3

The analog sticks on my PlayStation 3 controller refuse to stay in place. They're loose and unruly to an absurd degree. The right stick drifts upwards, slowly and surely, without a thumb to guide it. When I apply pressure to it, the stick crashes towards whatever direction I'm pointing. By any metric, my controller is terrible to use. But when I turn my brain off and react to what's on the screen, those aging analog sticks work like a dream.

It's muscle memory at this point. The combination of badly-worn analog sticks and memory-driven control comes from the hundreds of hours I spent cruising around Port Carverton in Skate 3.

The sublime simplicity of Skate 3 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-sublime-simplicity-of-skate-3-398693.phtml