Thursday, November 10, 2016

News:: Nintendo seemingly ends Metroid 30th anniversary with...a My Nintendo theme?

This year is the 30th anniversary of Metroid. And other than the requested takedown of Project AM2R, Nintendo hasn't really done much to acknowledge it. Until today, I guess.

Europe and a few other regions have already had it, but today North America is getting a Samus-centric 3DS theme for 200 Platinum Points. This is what My Nintendo has become -- a staging ground for the ghost town of Miitomo, and the occasional 3DS theme. It's better than nothing, but I really miss Club Nintendo.

You'll also find a 30% discount for Super Metroid (3DS - 20 Gold Points), 30% off for Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U - 20 Gold Points), and 20% off Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U - 400 Platinum Points). Yay Metroid anniversary!

Rewards [My Nintendo]

Nintendo seemingly ends Metroid 30th anniversary with...a My Nintendo theme? screenshot



via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-seemingly-ends-metroid-30th-anniversary-with-a-my-nintendo-theme--398647.phtml