Tuesday, October 18, 2016

News:: Review in Progress: Battlefield 1

[Due to a last minute code and an international trip later this week, our Battlefield 1 review is going to be handled differently from normal. I played through the campaign and a little bit of multiplayer, which I'll tell you about here. Chris will have the full review for you as soon as humanly possible (which, for Chris, will probably be ten minutes after I publish this).]

I just now finished Battlefield 1's singleplayer campaign, which, to be completely frank, I wasn't looking forward to. I haven't enjoyed a Battlefield campaign since Bad Company 2, finding them all to be beautifully-rendered yet ultimately forgettable. I can't really remember a damn thing I did in the third game. There was a toy dinosaur, I think? Like most people, I'd play them for a little bit to ooh and ahh at the Frostbite engine, and then hop onto the multiplayer and get sniped a thousand times.

Which is why I'm surprised as anybody else that Battlefield 1's campaign is actually worth your time.

Review in Progress: Battlefield 1 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ehsb9V