Saturday, October 22, 2016

News:: The last arcade in Boston

[To this day I still lament the closing of southern California's Arcade Infinity, one of my favorite dives and one of the last arcades to survive into the 2000s. I met and interviewed Mike Z there when Skullgirls was naught but a glint in his eye. But I digress, Mullon has his own memories of arcades past. Why not reflect on your own arcade memories by starting a cblog of your own? ~Strider]

Jillian’s probably wasn’t the last arcade in Boston, Massachusetts, but it was the last arcade I remember going to regularly before they all disappeared.

Jillian’s Boston was an arcade and bar and maybe a club on a street corner about a block from Fenway Park. It is not the classiest area of Boston, and Jillian’s was not the most upscale looking bar. The front door was a simple glass door that led right into a stairwell. I cannot remember if the arcade was on the second floor or on the third floor, the billiards room was on the other floor.

The last arcade in Boston screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2dKs9Jo