Monday, September 29, 2014

News::Exodus of Sol - PC Preview | Chalgyr's Game Room

Chalgyr's Game Room writes: If I were to sit down and really ponder my favorite blanket themes for games, my absolute number one overall theme for a game is space. Whether it is a 4X strategy game like Galactic Civilizations III and Endless Space, a real time strategy game like Sins of a Solar Empire or Homeworld, a space simulation game like X3: Albion Prelude and Elite: Dangerous, a space combat game like Tachyon: The Fringe and Tie Fighter, or an action-RPG like the Mass Effect series, I absolutely love the setting. It is fairly common for me to prowl the 'net in search of more games set in space for hours at a time, soaking up any information that I could find. Now, my particular obsession with space-based titles actually came fairly late into my gaming career; while I have always enjoyed the genre and picked up titles when I could, I was previously afflicted with a similar obsession with standard fantasy tropes (dragons, elves, dwarves, orcs, etc.)



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1595293/exodus-of-sol-pc-preview-chalgyrs-game-room