Monday, February 24, 2014

News::Strider Review: Russian Attack | FRONTBURNR

FRONTBURNR: I first stumbled across Strider while taking a break from playing the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden in an arcade in Johnson City, Tennessee when I was about eight or nine years old. My aunt used to take me to the arcade and then to the movies sometimes on the weekends, so it was there that I got hooked on a whole lot of franchises I currently love now. Strider was no exception to the rule. Slashing, dashing, and jumping frantically, I remember Strider oozing with style but being one of the hardest arcade platformers Id ever played as a kid. I remember getting the home version on NES and being extremely disappointed that it wasnt quite as flashy as the arcade, but I was like 10 and had no idea about cartridge memory or hardware limitations. Fast forward years later and I revisited Strider on a CPS emulator running on my custom firmware running PSP and I was just as hooked as I was when I first laid eyes on the flashy cyber ninja.



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1hM0c1p