Friday, December 6, 2013

News::Eldritch expanding to The Mountains of Madness


The endlessly creepy Eldritch will receive a free expansion later this month entitled "Mountains of Madness," based upon an H.P. Lovecraft serial of similar name. The original story describes an Antarctic expedition which meets with disaster upon the discovery of a lost city once inhabited by a forgotten and terrible race of beings. It also features six-foot tall penguins, the thought of which is almost as frightening as the Elder Things themselves, and the above teaser trailer confirms their presence in the expansion.


I really love Eldritch, unforgiving and cruel as it can be sometimes. I've still yet to have circumstances align themselves in such a way as I can actually complete the game, but the challenge it presents is so satisfying that I barely notice my failures before I've set off on another attempt. More of this is a good thing.


Mountains of Madness will release on December 19.


Eldritch expanding to The Mountains of Madness screenshot






via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/eldritch-expanding-to-the-mountains-of-madness-267023.phtml