Wednesday, June 6, 2018

News:: The rise of 'Fortnite' means gaming phones might make sense

When ASUS announced the ROG Phone this week, I thought it was ridiculous. A gaming smartphone with a vapor-chamber cooling system? An external fan just in case the phone runs extra hot? As my colleague Dan Cooper said to me following the announcement, how far do you go before you give up and just buy a Switch? But the more I learned about the phone, the more I became enthralled by it. I realized that the very fact that it was so over-the-top is what made it weirdly appealing, especially to an ever-growing niche of hardcore mobile gamers. As strange as it may be, the ROG phone could be the latest sign that gaming phones are finally finding their audience.



via Engadget RSS Feedhttps://www.engadget.com/2018/06/06/asus-rog-phone-mobile-gaming-fortnite/