Monday, May 7, 2018

News:: Solo's sequels depend on 'fan reaction,' and it's looking good

If you had asked me two months ago what the fate of Solo: A Star Wars story was I would have told you it had a good chance of crashing and burning. If you had asked me naught but two weeks ago about its fate, I might have been slightly more positive after I enjoyed the hell out of the full trailer for the film, but I still would have said it wasn't going to do as well as you'd think a Star Wars film should. But ask me that now, and I'll tell you I've got a lot more confidence in it.

The movie has been tracking really well according to the people who do that sort of thing ($170 million opening weekend predicted), and Fandango reported that its ticket pre-sales are more than double that of Black Panther, which were really good. Solo is more on pace with Infinity War's pre-ticket sales. Now, that doesn't mean a lot for box office comparisons considering a lot of Black Panther's success came in its long shelf life, but it is striking for a movie so wrought with developmental dysfunction, and thus receiving such a short marketing push.

Solo's sequels depend on 'fan reaction,' and it's looking good screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/solo-s-sequels-depend-on-fan-reaction-and-it-s-looking-good-501969.phtml