Sunday, May 13, 2018

News:: My mom is awesome except for that one time she tried to murder us all with Kirby's Avalanche

I don’t say this nearly enough, but my mom is the absolute best. She’s simply wonderful. She’s easy to shop for, she doesn’t have time for any of that emotional bullshit, and she always knows how to make her kids feel special. For my 18th birthday, she drove for more than an hour to get me an Arby’s roast beef sandwich paired with McDonald’s french fries because she knew that was my favorite meal. On a completely unrelated note, I’m now obese, pre-diabetic, and stuck eating broccoli five days a week.

What I love about her most is how she’s always been supportive of my hobbies. I’ve been a gamer since before I started school. For every birthday, Christmas, and occasional Easter, she would be there with a new video game for my brother and me. When I was 15, she and my Dad surprised me with Dreamcast and my own television, breaking me free from the constraints of a shared console household. When I joined Destructoid, she was so excited after I told her what it was until she found out what it pays.

Through thick and thin, happy days and severe depression, she’s been there for me, supporting the crazy ideas I have that I’m far too lazy to actually take seriously. I know she would never, ever hurt me; except for that one time she tried to kill us all with Kirby’s Avalanche.

My mom is awesome except for that one time she tried to murder us all with Kirby's Avalanche screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/my-mom-is-awesome-except-for-that-one-time-she-tried-to-murder-us-all-with-kirby-s-avalanche-502662.phtml