Monday, May 21, 2018

News:: Deadpool 2 slices Infinity War box office take in half

Color me surprised, Deadpool 2 did what future classics Overboard, Life of the Party, and Breaking In couldn't do, it usurped Avengers: Infinity War as the top box office take for the weekend. Maybe it's not really surprising to see a comic book movie take out another comic book movie, but with how big Infinity War is/was I had a slim sliver of doubt that Deadpool wouldn't take the top spot.

Coming in with $125 million, Deadpool 2 actually underperformed some of the projections that analysts had it at, but with a shooting budget of only $110 million I'm sure the execs at Fox aren't really too overly sad about this news. Taking the 2nd spot as mentioned before is Avengers: Infinity War which I still need to see, but I finally caught up with all my Marvel movies so I'm good to go. Infinity War's take fell 54% from last week with only $28.7 million, which helped push their domestic take to just under $600 million.

Deadpool 2 slices Infinity War box office take in half screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/deadpool-2-slices-infinity-war-box-office-take-in-half-503952.phtml