Saturday, April 21, 2018

News:: Review: Super Troopers 2

It's been 16 years since Broken Lizard exploded onto the scene with their stoner-comedy Super Troopers. Ever since then, they have had ups and downs in terms of their movies but for the most part, their comedy has always tickled me in just the right parts where I'll always go back and enjoy their work for years to come.

When the sequel was announced through IndieGogo three years ago, I wondered if it was too late for a proper sequel. I also feared it would suffer the same fate of many other late comedy sequels, relying too heavily on the previous movie for its majority of laughs. I can gladly say Broken Lizard had the foresight to avoid going full-on referential humor while still paying respect to the movie that brought them to the game.

Review: Super Troopers 2 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-super-troopers-2-499685.phtml