Sunday, April 29, 2018

News:: Here are six games to play with the tiny humans in your life

I'm creeping into my late twenties, which means a lot of the people in my social circles are getting married and deciding to have children. Instead of buying sarcastic t-shirts about how I am very much not about that life right now, while secretly munching through my third packet of Farley's Rusks, I am actually quite stoked to become an auntie figure, or perhaps even a godmother sometime in the future. Kids are like library books – fun while they last, but you're glad to hand them back at the end. In part because of the smell.

Now, of course, any self-respecting auntie or uncle needs to teach their underlings the ways of the video game. Thankfully, the vast majority of "children's" games are more like fun for all the family, similar to how Harry Potter took off among adult readers. So, I've provided you with six suggestions of how to take some of the mind-numbing boredom and frustration out of babysitting, and find a way to share your hobby with your miniature chums.

As an aside, there are a couple of games I'm fairly sure will belong on this list, but I haven't played enough of them to feel confident including them. If you've played Yoshi's Woolly WorldKirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, I'd particularly love to hear your thoughts on their suitability in the comments!

Here are six games to play with the tiny humans in your life screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/here-are-six-games-to-play-with-the-tiny-humans-in-your-life-500797.phtml