Wednesday, March 28, 2018

News:: Why is Rogue Legacy's follow-up considered a 'pretty massive failure?'

Rogue Legacy took a lot of people, myself included, by surprise. It wasn't perfect, but as a debut title in the roguelike genre, it was a fantastic experience. Naturally, I was excited when the developers at Cellar Door Games announced they were working on another title, Full Metal Furies, even if it was not like Rogue Legacy at all. 

I was also excited when I learned that I was going to be the one reviewing the game for the site. I played it, I enjoyed it, and felt that it earned an 8.5 on our review scale. As per usual, I like to see what other critics have thought of the games I reviewed. Turns out, it didn't even have the four required reviews for a Metacritic score. Currently, it has nine. Two months after release, and the follow-up to Rogue Legacy has less than ten reviews.

How could that possibly be?

Why is Rogue Legacy's follow-up considered a 'pretty massive failure?' screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/why-is-rogue-legacy-s-follow-up-considered-a-pretty-massive-failure--487156.phtml