Thursday, March 1, 2018

News:: Review: Subsurface Circular

Visual novel games can be quite tricky to recommend to a lot of people. You’ll have a certain crowd that prefers their games have more traditional gameplay elements while other people are more sucked in by unique experiences over general polish. For the most part, I’m not big on strictly reading-based affairs, but I enjoy visual novels that try to engage me in some way.

When I first looked at Subsurface Circular, I wasn’t quite sure how this would play out. The game has a cold open and jettisons you directly into a detective story without much backstory to prime you for anything. The very first scene also made me think this was only going to be a reading-based affair, but I was pleasantly surprised at what transpired.

Review: Subsurface Circular screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-subsurface-circular-492032.phtml