Saturday, March 24, 2018

News:: Looking back at 15 years of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

My life has been upended more than a couple times over the past few years. New jobs, new apartments, newer jobs, consolidating my life into a single bedroom; it’s been a bit chaotic. Nothing I couldn’t handle, of course, but as I went through these changes there was always a constant, a singular event that I could look forward to every year. With the exception of one down-on-my-luck span, I attended one show a year of the Symphony of the Goddesses tour. Sometimes good seats, sometimes awful – the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles is exceptional – but I'm always giddy to attend and hear the songs I’ve been listening to all my life.

What a great disappointment it was when I learned the tour is taking a break in 2018. Last year’s performance at Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco, with the new Breath of the Wild arrangement, was pure bliss. But as I type this, it isn’t Breath of the Wild that’s on my mind. I’m humming, occasionally whistling, to the tempo in my head playing "Makar’s Prayer" from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. 15 years ago I heard that song for the first time and it, along with the rest of the soundtrack, remains my absolute favorite piece of music in all of video gaming.

In fact, 15 years on, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker remains the best game I’ve ever played.

Looking back at 15 years of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/looking-back-at-15-years-of-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-495779.phtml