Sunday, March 4, 2018

News:: Here are some of the most memorable adverts for games

We've all seen the Angry Video Game Nerd episode where he compares the SNES with the Sega Genesis and mocks the "blast processing" thrust of the Genesis' marketing campaign. It seems silly now to think that slapping a vague buzzword on technical specs could push people to buy the console, but hey, enough of us played Streets of Rage and Sonic 3 that it must have worked.

Flashy adverts have been a mainstay of the video game industry for a couple of decades, now. Some of them bore into our brains because they are fun, or exciting, or perhaps even make the soft-hearted among us cry. Sniff. So what are some adverts, i.e. TV ads or YouTube trailers, that I dug up during my research? Ones that I remember from back in the day, perhaps, and that struck a chord with me? Get your box of Kleenex at the ready while I show you my faves.

Here are some of the most memorable adverts for games screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/here-are-some-of-the-most-memorable-adverts-for-games-492719.phtml