Tuesday, February 27, 2018

News:: My after-action report of the Rainbow Six Invitational tournament

After a steady influx of new players across its second year, Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege has solidified itself as one of the most popular online titles of the current day. The pro-league of the squad-shooter culminates in the annual Six Invitational tournament, where the top teams face-off in hopes of proving themselves the best in the world, as well as bagging a sweet $50,000 prize.

The Six Invitational 2018 was held last week in Montreal, Canada and was a resounding success, pulling in a peak 321,000 viewers on Twitch, a near 200% increase on last year's audience. Not only that, but Steam figures for the game have spiked since the event was held, with the game jumping back up the UK charts. Thus is the amazing marketing potential of such gatherings.

I was fortunate enough to be in Montreal for this event, having taken a slightly wrong turn in England and somehow ended up ankle-deep in snow on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. I'm only what you would call a casual player of Siege. My eSports experience equates to my frequenting many fighting game tournaments nationwide. But I was keen to see how the big-bucks competitive scene shapes up, live and in living colour.

My after-action report of the Rainbow Six Invitational tournament screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/my-after-action-report-of-the-rainbow-six-invitational-tournament-491744.phtml