Wednesday, February 7, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 5: THIS IS SUN RA!

Welcome back to The 300, the weekly feature that chronicles my ongoing attempt to see 300 movies in theaters in 2018. I'll be watching new releases, classics, and hidden gems in hopes to explore the wide world of cinema in all its forms.

As always, there are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' definition of a feature film
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue
  • While I can watch movies I've seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times

I had to take a day off last week because of a cold, but I still caught at least one movie the rest of the week. I mostly watched repertory screenings since the selection is so eclectic: a Hong Kong action movie, avant-garde cinema by women, and the Sun Ra movie. So far, the MoviePass account is not frozen. May this river flow, long and powerful, until the end of days.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 5: THIS IS SUN RA! screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-300-week-5-this-is-sun-ra--486660.phtml