Wednesday, January 17, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 2: Double Digits on the Dime

Welcome back to The 300, a weekly feature chronicling my quixotic attempt to see 300 movies in theaters in 2018. Each week I'll be checking out new releases and hidden gems playing at movie theaters wherever I am. Hopefully I'll find something you may be interested in as well.

There are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I've seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

Thanks to the sheer amount of old stuff playing in New York, I've managed to get a bit ahead of schedule by the end of week two, and with only one movie I regret seeing. There's some good repertory programming coming up in the next few weeks, so expect to see Quad Cinema and Metrograph showing up a lot through February.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 2: Double Digits on the Dime screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2DkH6jZ