Wednesday, January 10, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 1: Let's Get This Party Started

Welcome to the first installment of The 300, a weekly feature chronicling my attempt to watch 300 movies in theaters in 2018. Why am I doing this? Part of it is just to see if I can and to get away from my laptop. Another part of it is to really explore the world of film, from wide-release blockbusters to indies, foreign cinema, classics, and hidden gems. Maybe you'll read about something you can enjoy and then share with your friends.

Thanks to MoviePass, New York City's wide variety of theaters, constant repertory programming, and various film festivals, hitting the big 300 might not be as hard as it sounds. (Famous last words.)

There are a few rules for The 300 that I will adhere to throughout the year:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I've seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

With that out of the way, here are the first films I've watched in theaters since January 1st.

The 300 Week 1: Let's Get This Party Started screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2qU5inm