Tuesday, December 12, 2017

News:: Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I really thought I had gotten some Star Wars fatigue. In the build up to the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi I just wasn't feeling that usual excitement, but as the day of my screening got closer it started to swell. As I sat in the theater I couldn't help but feel a little giddy that I was going to watch a new Star Wars movie, and then when the opening crawl kicked in and that iconic John Williams score blasted out I was hooked again. Star Wars did whatever it is that Star Wars does to us as society and I was fully excited.

Of course there was still a movie to actually watch, and, as the prequels showed us, that can put a pretty big damper on things.

(Note: There are no spoilers per se, but I do discuss the plot of the film so if you want to go in blind you've been warned.)

Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2yifaG1