Friday, December 1, 2017

News:: Review: Carcassonne - Tiles & Tactics

Man, Carcassonne! That name just brings back so many memories. It was essentially my wife's gateway into hobbyist board games, and much more accessible than the one I originally wanted to get her into (and failed): Warhammer 40K.

It's crazy to think that through the myriad of other games I've played with similar elements (like Terra Mystica), I can still come back to this classic. Sadly, it hasn't been preserved very well by the various publishers that have taken up its flag.

Exozet, previously in charge of the game side, kind of let Carcassonne rot, which is a huge problem in this ever-evolving digital era that requires OS compatibility. Since then Asmodee Digital has taken over, and re-launched the Tiles & Tactics version across multiple platforms.

I think this one is going to be sticking around longer.

Review: Carcassonne - Tiles & Tactics screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2zHs69T